Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011

I went for a run in the morning, enjoying the great weather and taking a route through downtown and along the river paths.

I met Chuck at Wildflower for some outdoor dining of vegan foods. I had a vegan wrap that was amazing and Chuck had an "egg salad" sandwich that was also quite good. It was really nice to sit outside in the sun, except for the wind.

I went to Parvin with Leah to continue enjoy enjoying the nice day and look for some caches at the same time. We found the first one close to the road and along the little stream that the lake empties to.

We went deeper into the woods for the next one. It was over in an area that I've never really walked and it doesn't seem to be quite as frequented by anyone else either.

This was hanging on the lid of the cache we found over there. It was amusing to see when we lifted the top off. I signed the book and continued the walk around the area then headed back to the car.

Chuck and I headed up to Philly and got some Pizza before going to the Church for another dose of Jonah. He played a much quieter set in the small chapel, but it was just as great as the night before. He always seems to really enjoy playing in that space.

We talked to Jonah for a moment after the show, I got the new CD and we got a photo together. Always leave those shows feeling so good!

We decided to head over to The Abbaye and check out their Quizzo. The last time I tried it I was disappointed but it was great this time! We did really well while still feeling challenged.

There was a vegan meatball sandwich on the menu so there was no way I couldn't try that. It was great. Better than the burger I think. I hope they keep that on the menu for good.

I stopped at Westby for a bit even though I had no more classes or anything to do and then I headed home since I got a job for the morning.

No comments: