Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011

Alex and I went for Jamba Juice "breakfast" at 1pm at the mall. I wish I lived closed enough to a Jamba for any meal. We hung out there for a bit and then came back to her house for a bit before she had to get packing for her trip to Europe for a month!

I met Joanna at a trail system called Six Mile Run nearby and we left one car at the trailhead and went down to another for a longer hike. It was mainly a flat hike across a swampy area.

There were a few ups and downs throughout and it had a lot of nice, changing scenery. The weather was good for it and we were shaded most of the time as well.

This was my favorite scene from the whole hike. It was perfectly framed and beautiful with the wind blowing gently through the grass and the big puffy clouds ambling across the sky.

We encountered a few obstacles like this to cross several streams toward the middle. There was a warning that we'd have to cross a stream with no bridge on the map, but it was an easy rock hop across. The hike seemed to stretch on toward the end when we though we were done. A few strange turns and big fields later we were back at the parking lot.

After retrieving our cars we went looking for food and found a Malaysian place called Coco not far away. I tried their curry dish. It was quite different than other curry I've had and Very Spicy. I liked it. The staff was super friendly as well.

Since I was in the neighborhood I went back down to Kelly's in New Brunswick to visit Diana and have a drink. That was plan, but it turned into a few drinks and a couple of shots. Fireball shots are soo good. She wasn't too busy so she could stop and chat. We played good music on the jukebox and then hooked up my iPod to the speakers. Free drinks and my choice of music? Yeah, it was hard to leave.

I did leave, however, and went back to Joanna's, where we pitched the tent and slept on the soft grass in the nice night air, hoping it wouldn't rain too much.

No comments: