Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011

With no job, I slept in a bit and then took my bike to Randy's to get the back tire fixed and a tune-up while I was there. I picked up a new lock as well since I forgot the combo to the old one.

I went over to the zoo to park and then ran the trail along the road which led to a training path through the woods behind the high school. It was a maze of paths, but it wasn't easy to get lost so I took a bunch of them in different directions. I encountered a deer and some fallen logs along the way.

When I got back I took a stroll through the zoo to cool down. There really aren't many animals there. Or at least they weren't out, but it was a hot day. I hung out at the lemur cage for a while and then exited.

While I waited for my bike to get done I sat on the bridge over the stream and read more of The Girl's Guide to Homelessness. Good book. I got through a few chapters before I got the call and picked up the cycle.

Chuck and I went to Wildflower, where I got the chicken(less) salad sandwich. Really good. It may be healthier in some ways, but it makes me want to eat more food.

A little later I took the newly tuned-up bike out on the road for ride to my mom's house. I hung out there for an hour or so talking to her and then rode back in the cool air of night. It was a little more than twenty miles total. Not a bad start.

I was tired when I got home, but stayed up until I got a job that I didn't expect around 1am.

No comments: