Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jan 9, 2011

Quite the opposite of yesterday, I got up and met Ryan at the gym where we did several circuits and some extra ab exercises at my request. We went to a diner around the corner after our workout. I had half of an eggplant parm sandwich. This guy just made me think South Jersey Diner, though I think Midwest Diner a little more now that I look.

When I got home I just felt like I needed to get away for a while so I put on my snow pants, boots and headphones and went out for a really long walk on the woods trails near my house. It was really nice being alone in the snowy woods. I felt solitude listening to Thrice and taking photos of nature. I wanted to stay out there. So I did.

I love the shadows that the snow drifts make in the late afternoon sun. It's one of my favorite things. I was out walking, shooting and being alone for a few hours.

I watched the sun set over the frozen lake as the wind swept over it and into my bones. I enjoyed being out there and I didn't want to go back to being inside but it just got too cold so I walked home.

A little later I met back up with Ryan for another long walk, this time in a Vineland neighborhood. We hadn't had a chance to really talk for a while so this was our opportunity. Good thing it's a big neighborhood.

We played some video games at his house before I headed home and tried to sleep, with the usual rate of success.

No comments: