Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan 20, 2011

I worked at an elementary school covering meetings during the day. The classes were all surprisingly good, and sadly we didn't watch this video. The day went by pretty quickly.

On my break and after work I started working on another piece for my show. It's coming together well.

I went to Joanna's to take some photos in her building and her room. After setting up a few shots and talking for a while we headed to Westby.

There Rowan Gallery was having an opening so we went to listen to the guy who put the show together talk about the artists' work. Some of it was pretty interesting but I didn't get to look at a lot while we were there.

We went into the studio and set up the lighting to take some shots for something I'm working on. Some of the light units weren't there so I couldn't get exactly what I wanted but I got a few that could work.

I started trying to work on a clay piece but I decided to wait until I had more materials. Instead, I made up a title card for the show. I like the way it came out, though I might make some minor changes.

I went to Rowan After Hours to talk to talk to Joanna and show her the design. I stayed there for most of the night, watching people fight on the inflatable thing and getting mac and cheese when it came out.

I went to Shannon's for a short time to talk to her until Joanna was done work, then I went to her place to talk for a while. Then I came home.

No comments: