Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jan 30, 2011

I had to get things done in the morning time so I got up and dropped off my car at the shop to get an oil change and then got pizza with my grandmom at Little Caesar's. I ran four miles on the treadmill then showered and got ready to go pick up my car from the guy who was smoking a pipe while working on it. I picked up Shannon and we headed up the PA Turnpike toward Allentown.

We got there early and walked through the cold and snow to the Croc Rock and hung out in the bar for a little while as Foxy Shazam was playing on stage. We met some guys from Vineland somehow!

We hung out and talked to them before we went into the show and watched one of them try out the breathalizer machine... he kept blowing a .25 somehow......

Anberlin was up first tonight, opening with "We Owe This To Ourselves" and going into an awesome set of old and new songs. The crowd was great and a lot of fun.

They played "The Unwinding Cable Car" which is one of my favorite songs of theirs. They played for quite a long time and closed with the popular songs, which are still on par with the rest.

I walked outside for a bit to cool off and take photos, enjoying the re-entry policy of this venue, and came back in for Circa Survive to start. They played an awesome set too. Hometown shows are always more energetic it seems.

Anthony got the crowd pumped up as always, opening up a wall of death that didn't really go the right way but got through an intense set including "Through the Desert Alone," which is probably my favorite song of theirs. They closed with "Get Out" as the encore. Great ending.

The drive home seemed pretty quick and, after I dropped off Shannon, I came home and fell asleep watching Due Date.

No comments: