Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan 7, 2011

Shannon came up to have lunch with me at Saigon. They have good lunch specials; I think I'll be going there more often. We finally got a chance to talk and hang out. It seems like it's been a while. We went to Target after eating to look for some things and kill some time. I didn't find what I wanted and she had to go pack for her upcoming week in Florida.

Not long after coming home I left again to pick up Chuck and Tracy to go to Starland Ballroom. We got up there early and I couldn't sell my extra ticket so I went inside to see Such Gold, who I thought were really good. It didn't seem like anyone else shared my opinion. Hit the Lights were up next and I knew more of their songs than I expected to. They were pretty good as well.

The Starting Line came out to a packed, swaying crowd playing "Somebody's Gonna Miss Us." They played a bunch of older and newer songs, though it seemed a lot of people weren't getting into the new songs.

They were great and Kenny was having a good time. They played most of my favorite songs and closed with an encore of a new song and "This Ride." Great show.

We got bagels from Dunkin' Donuts and listened to Jonah most of the way home. The drive wasn't bad, but even though I was tired driving I couldn't sleep when I got home.

No comments: