Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan 26, 2011

I didn't get a job and when I got to school I was able to talk to Tom about my upcoming show and projects that I want to work on. He seems pretty excited about them which makes me more excited about them as well. He gave me some good ideas. I talked to Heather as she worked on her Sculpture I project about what she would be doing and doing the box installation.

I went to get Shannon and picked up some slices on the way back to Westby to eat while I set up the lighting and such in the studio to shoot some photos. A lot of the equipment is either not where it's supposed to be or it's broken so that wasn't helpful.

Though I started off without much idea of what I wanted to do, we stumbled upon this box in the studio and used it as a prop, which really made everything start working. I really love the box and we got some really great shots with it.

I dropped off Shannon and drove through the snow as it piled up on the way to Quizzo. The game began with less teams than usual but still a decent crowd considering the weather. We were doing quite well through most of the game and had an early lead.

Fish tacos were delicious and our waitress was great.. and we won first place! There's thirty bucks for next week's fun!

The snow had gotten pretty crazy in the short time we were there and we had to scrape off and dig out our cars before we could leave. The drive back to Shannon's was not too much fun. It was really slow-going and careful. Between not being able to see the road ahead of me and thinking I might get stuck a few times I'm surprised I made it back without incident.

We watched the beginning of The Social Network but the disc stopped working about forty minutes in so we switched to Mr. And Mrs. Smith but we were all falling asleep anyway so we called it a night and went to bed.

No comments: