Sunday, August 8, 2010

Aug 8, 2010

Most of the day was spent working on photos/watching Louie but I also spent some time at the gym with Ryan. We did a set of exercises and then set up our course in the group room adding a few extra obstacles and different exercises to the beginning and end. It was painful. In a good way.

Later that afternoon Chuck picked me up to head to Maxwell's in Hoboken. We hit traffic at the very end of our journey of course and by the time we found a parking spot and got there we were starving. You can't even see that veggie burger; that's how fast he ate it.

Unfortunately I could not make this bowl of veggie chili disappear quite as quickly. It's a very large bowl. It was really good though. Much better than the quesadilla I had last time-- and they didn't even tout the quality of this dish.

We got in to see the last four songs of Mansions, which I really liked. I had never heard them before but I think seeing him live was the best first impression. I picked up the cd with about forty songs on it after the show.

Jonah came up next in a very good mood. He played a ton of great songs, some of which I didn't know but I still like that part of his shows. He played some of my favorites and it was a very upbeat and fun show. I always leave his shows feeling better in general.

We walked down to the waterfront for a bit before going back to the car. It was so quiet and peaceful and the breeze was nice and cool. I love spots like this and I wish I lived closer to this one. It's much better than the Camden waterfront.

The drive home was pretty quick. It was much later but it always seems like getting home is faster. Okay, almost always.

No comments: