Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009

I took a history class at Lakeside in the morning. I started my new book and got into during classes.

After work, I met up with Chuck and we headed north to Hoboken. We got a good parking spot and went to Maxwell's to have some grub. I got the "Best Quesadilla in Hoboken." I haven't had any others in Hoboken but I hope it's not.. After we ate, we entered the small room with the stage and waited with the three other people there for the first band. A few more people showed up before (Damn) This Desert Air played. They were playing acoustic but the songs were really good. Next Mia Riddle came on and played some great heartfelt tunes with a little country twang to them.

Finally, the man we'd been waiting for, Jonah Matranga, took the stage and didn't let us down. Each time I see him I know more songs, so I got to sing along a lot more this time. He played a lot of really good songs and provided his usually funny/inspirational banter.

We talked to him for a few minutes after the show and got some merch before heading out.

The drive home wasn't too bad. I was nodding off a bit but it didn't seem really long. This was a great addition to an already awesome week of playing with The Ataris and camping with my friends. Good night.

No comments: