Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aug 7, 2010

After a day of sleeping in/it off and doing some grocery shopping, I took Katie to Philly and went to Horizons for her birthday. I had reservations for later but I figured we'd get drinks ahead of time. It turned out they don't count the outside seating for reservations so we were able to be seated early. It was a beautiful night so we were happy to take it.

Katie got the grilled seitan, which I tried and it was amazing. It looks so small on that plate but it was a good portion. The vegetables and mashed potatoes were great as well.

I wanted to try something different so I got the grilled tofu something.. I can't remember the name but it had a lot of veggies and implied it was a bit spicy. I liked it quite a bit but maybe not as much as the seitan. It filled me up and even though dessert looked good I couldn't get any.

Neither of us was feeling going to a bar so we decided to go see The Other Guys on the way back home. We got to the theater quite early but the movie was great. It's been a while since Will Ferrell has had a movie out and this one is a great return.

It was a great night, even though it wasn't what I had planned at all! Katie had a good time and that's all that really matters.

No comments: