Friday, August 13, 2010

Aug 13, 2010

I didn't have much to do in the early part of the day besides sit around and watch Dexter and then go to the gym. I did a varied set of exercises there and then it took me way too long to get home because of an accident.

Katie came over and we went to The Loving Hut on South Street for dinner. After much deliberation I got the chow mein and a smoothie. They were both really good. The chow mein was amazing, I'll be back for more.

Katie got the curry rice and veggies. I tried some and it was really good too. This was one of my possible choices but since I had it yesterday I decided to go with something else.

After eating we went to Market Street to Mac's Tavern. The only reason I went to that specific bar is because Rob McElhenney from It's Always Sunny owns the bar and I wanted to check it out. It was a really nice bar inside with no ties to the show except for the name. I was hoping for a door marked "Pirate."

While we were at the bar I presented Katie with the tickets I got her for her birthday for Mewithoutyou. She really wanted to go but I told her we weren't going there because I planned something else so she was surprised when I gave them to her.

The first band that played, Buried Beds, was really quite good. I would like to hear more of their music studio quality. They were out of CDs at their merch table. Murder by Death played second and I thought they were decent. I'd like to hear some of their recorded stuff as well.

Mewithoutyou came out to an excited crowd and played some old stuff in the beginning but quickly moved on to newer material and lots of it. I honestly haven't gotten into the new CD that much so I wasn't too excited about their set.

They threw some really good older songs in the mix and closed with an encore of a couple of my favorite songs. No matter what they put on a great live show and it was nice to see them on a big stage again where they could move around.

Yep.