Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Aug 3, 2010

Chuck, Diebra, Jimmy and I drove up to New York, found a parking garage and then got in line for The Daily Show. We were earlier than the last time I went so we got to be under the awning on the front of the building this time.

Jimmy quickly took a seat to get comfortable since we'd be waiting for a while to go in. At least there were a few interesting people in line to talk to, including a woman who was very excited and whose accent suggested she was from Wisconsin.

There was a lot of wondering when things would start to happen. We were told a few times to use the bathroom before going into the studio. That was their main concern so they kept letting us know.

Finally, someone came out to start explaining things to us, even though we couldn't hear them at all because of the traffic. We got more excited than we should have because we still had to wait.

We got our tickets that guaranteed our entry and shortly after that the line started moving forward and we went inside. Once we were seated and given some basic instructions, the warm-up guy came out and picked on people in the crowd, spending most of his time on a guy in a wheelchair and the woman from Wisconsin that was next to us in line! That whole interaction was hilarious but you really had to be there.

Jon Stewart came out next and took some questions and making some hilarious comments about parents letting their kids go to Amsterdam and special ed teachers. Then the show started. I always find myself looking at the monitors when he's right in front of me. It was really funny but when Will Ferrell came out they were just joking around a lot, not really much of an interview at all. That segment went really quickly. I wish they did a little more for the studio audience at least even though they didn't have airtime for more.

We headed straight out of the city after the taping, not hitting much traffic at all on the way home. It felt really late when I got home even though it was just after ten. I got to sleep early anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Please check out my new blog! Support me if you can! :)

http://helpmegetmusicback.blogspot.com/

Thanks and I look forward to reading your future blog post.

Melissa