Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb 5, 2010

I had to be up pretty early to get to work on time but luckily the nature of my job helped me out a little by offering me an easy day. I had the first block off so I went home and did some laundry while catching up on Important Things with Demetri Martin. I had to go back for a class with another teacher for second block and then I had another two hours off between classes and for lunch. I went to my grandmom's and had spaghetti with my sister and Aiden before going home to shower and pack some things up for the weekend. After all that I went to the Senior High to finish my day in health care class with very friendly and inquisitive students.

After a failed attempt to get lunch with Katie, I met up with Joanna, got a veggie burger and vegan chicken patty for the road and headed to Allentown. The big crazy storm that had been predicted had yet to show any signs yet so the drive up was fine.

The Swellers opened the show. They were a lot of fun, I need to listen to them. This Providence played next and were good to listen to but hard to look at. Well... depending on who you are I guess.

Set Your Goals played next and the crowd actually started moving around. It was the first time I had seen anyone really do anything but nod their heads with the music all night. I stood off to the side since my knee was hurting a bit. I wasn't trying to re-injure myself. At least not before Motion City.

Speaking of.. Motion City Soundtrack came out (finally) to the opening track to their new album and played a whole bunch of great songs, new and old.

They were funny and energetic as always. They played a lot of new stuff and we were right up front for most of it. They played a two song encore and then people fought over the drumsticks. I had one for a second but I let it go when someone else tugged. I'm not wrestling someone for a drumstick, I'll just buy one.

It was barely snowing when we got out to the car but shortly after we got on the highway the storm revealed itself. Armed with Dunkin' Donuts white hot chocolate and a bagel with cream cheese, we braved the storm slowly down the PA Turnpike to get home. It was hard to see most of the time and ice was forming on my windshield wipers. We carefully made it home, even though many roads, like 55 (above), were unrecognizable.

So what should have taken less than two hours took about twice that to traverse. Oh well, I plan on staying inside for a while now. It seems like Rowan actually decided to start plowing this time instead of letting it pile up. How forward thinking of them.

No comments: