Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feb 14, 2010

After waking up to a nice message on my calendar that made me smile, I went to brunch with Nathan at Maurice River Diner. Yes, brunch. I had a pretty good veggie omelet. I almost got pancakes but I have had them a lot lately and there are more to come! What am I talking about?

Shortly after eating I picked up Katie and we headed to Blue Mountain. She wanted to snowboard--something I was hesitant to try because I wanted to ski. The initial experience of locking the boots in the board was not pleasant but after some trial and error we got the hang of it.

I started to really enjoy it and feel in control. So I got my camera out while moving of course.

I went for one solo run so I could go quickly. I made a full run without falling which was my unofficial goal. We did a blue and a few greens throughout the night which were fine except for being more bumpy than usual.

I realize why snowboarders sit down so much now though; it's really hard to stand still on a board. It's easier just to sit until you're ready to go again. I fell one time and twisted my ankle a bit. I'm still not completely comfortable with both of my feet being attached to one surface but overall I really had a good time and would like to try again.

We got some food on the way home but Katie was interested in stopping for pretzels on the way home since we got to Philly around midnight.

After acquiring a bag full of hot pretzels, of which I ate none, we continued heading home.

I'm pretty sore from falling down and twisting my ankle AND I have to get up early for class... however, the day was a lot of fun and I managed to say happy v-day from 346 miles away. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

i meeean, the cookies said happy v-day (just barely) buuut the card didn't sooo i don't know if you really accomplished that =P

D.M. said...

I meant to write "I got to say 'You love my'" from 346 miles away. Typo.