Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb 23, 2010

I subbed for Erika's music classes in the morning, starting at Lakeside. It was an easy day, consisting of one class at Lakeside, followed by a big break since I couldn't do individual lessons, then I sat in the auditorium at Memorial while the kids watched Phantom of the Opera or did sudoku puzzles.

I went to Joanna's right after work and Chuck met up shortly after and we headed to IHOP. It is National Pancake Day (not sure if that's just an IHOP thing or if it's national for real..) and that means free pancakes! They were delicious and came quick. I'm sure they have a giant stack of them in the back waiting for people. Maybe not, they would be gross if they sat out very long.

We continued driving west toward Lancaster until we arrived at the Chameleon Club. We got in just in time to see Fireworks play most of their set. They were good again.

We saw Hellogoodbye this time, who we missed in AC (well, I wouldn't say we missed them... they were really good bread bowls..) They were okay. I don't really listen to them at all but I know a few songs.

Saves The Day was great again, maybe even better in a small venue like this. The crowd was into it and they played a lot of good older songs, including "Sell All My Old Clothes..." So good.

New Found Glory hit us with a second dose of their full self-titled album. They played the same encore set as well but it still great and the crowd was really reacting, albeit less violently than the last few times I've seen this band. It was a nice change.

We spent the drive home talking about what we might do in the future for disc golf trips and singing songs from previous trips. Gooood times.

No comments: