Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 11, 2010

We didn't go anywhere until later in the afternoon when we got hungry and went to the cafeteria for a meal. We got teriyaki stir fry with veggies and vegan chicken. It was great. There were also veggie spring rolls and rice pilaf. We had ice cream and cookies for dessert. We ate a lot.

We came back and had some time to kill so we played Phase 10 for a while before going to the High Street Gallery for an opening that ended up being canceled and rescheduled but no one informed us. I went home and walked through my driveway that's covered in snow to get my skis and shower before coming back.

I got back and went to Rowan After Hours' Valentine's night where we made stuffed creatures (a la Build a Bear) with Andrew and Mikey. It was really strange stuffing animals and somewhat difficult to get the stuffing to all of the extremities. The stuffing got everywhere, especially when Mike was putting the stuffing in our pockets and hoods.

This is Eric T. Frog. He looks pretty good for my first creation. I put a star in him, which I guess is the equivalent to a heart?

Yes, he got a birth certificate. It was made for Joanna's nephew and yes, that is his real name.

We got balloon animals as well. This is a turtle and a bracelet.

I like my penguin. I wanted bees to go with him for some reason but didn't get them.

Another random thing I made was this scent gel thing. I got to decorate the bottom and then they added the gel and the scent to it. Vanilla.

We played in the game room for a while. I lost a best of three at air hockey and then we went downstairs to play some billiards and get food. I won the first game, seeming like I knew what I was doing.

We went upstairs for the raffle and I figured we wouldn't win anything but on the last prize they called the number of the ticket we found on the ground (sucks for the person that dropped it because..) to win an iPod Nano! We never win anything and this is the one we win with a ticket that wasn't even ours! Awesome. We've had some good luck this week.

The newly acquired iPod which will soon be turned into trip money! We already have iPods, after all... who wants to buy one??

The night at RAH was actually a lot of fun since I got to spend it with someone instead of wandering by myself most of the time. We came back to watch The Office and 30 Rock then Joanna had to start packing for her trip to Boston tomorrow. Almost time for bed.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

what a fun day =]
you really look adorable with that penguin.
ipod nanoooooooo!!!!!
i'm glad i'm someone... haha

D.M. said...

it was a great day... and i do =) You're so more than someone... i'm glad you were the someone I got to spend fake Valentine's Day with though..

Joanna said...

you are so sweeeeet =] aww haha i'm glad i got to spend it with you too.