Monday, February 1, 2010

Feb 1, 2010

Early Art History class started my day, followed by a break where I watched Greek and ate some snacks. I went back to Westby shortly after for Photojournalism, which has become a huge joke and we don't really do anything in class but watch our "professor" try to figure out how to use a computer. I left early because I couldn't take it any longer.

In Sculpture I worked more on shaping my wax snail. It's pretty much done except for a few minor tweaks and some smoothing. I poured the plaster for the next instance of snail that I have to create. Sort of looking forward to/dreading working with plaster again...

I went with Katie on a failed attempt to get yucca fries at a Spanish restaurant that doesn't seem to exist anymore and then came right back to the Student Center for the ice cream social event that SUP was having to spread the word about upcoming events and elections. The ice cream was good and we played some "ice breaking" games to get to know each other.

After the official meeting was over we hung out and talked about what certain positions are responsible for so I could get a better idea of what I might want to apply for. After that, the real fun began as we played a round of Catchphrase. I miss that game. Our team was pretty far behind but we came back to win it! Unfortunately we could only play one game because the room wasn't rented out for much longer.

It was Shannon's birthday so I went to Landmark to celebrate with her, Coronas and Jalapeno quesadillas on Mexican Monday. In true Shannon/birthday style, she was holding two beers for this picture.

Erica showed up so we hung out at the bar and talked while Shannon and others in the group entertained the DJ. I stayed for an hour or two and then we decided it be time to get going.

'Twas a fun day of happy, sad, annoyed, angry, etc. It ended on happy though.

No comments: