Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 15, 2010

I stayed up too late last night and just didn't feel like getting up to go to my first class so it's the first official skipped class of the semester. Fifth week, not too bad. I went to Photojournalism for the presentation by our guest speaker, April Saul. She worked with our professor at The Philadelphia Inquirer and she has won many awards for her work. She had a lot of really great photos and some of her work was quite inspiring. It dragged on for a bit at the end but she was interesting.

In sculpture I broke into my plaster snail today. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. For now, at least. It's coming along well but the next step might become difficult.

We ended class early to go upstairs to the Core show closing. We got some food and looked over the work that has been up for the past few weeks. This must mean another opening will be happening soon. This is my favorite piece that has been on display for this gallery.

After spending some time trying to figure out how to write another six hundred words about a font, I went over to the High Street Gallery for the rescheduled opening of "This Is Not Real" and "Purgatory."

There were some really interesting works there. Unfortunately there weren't a lot of people that came out, either because of the rainy snow or because they didn't know it had been rescheduled. Either way, I stayed for a while, chatted with some people and shot some photos.

I came home to try to get some work done on my paper and presentation that's due tomorrow.. no luck so far.

No comments: