Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb 10, 2010

It was crazy snowing for most of the day so we spent it all inside snacking, watching Lost and Cartoon Network. We decided to go outside in the snow since it would be silly to have so many snow days and be inside for all of them. I booted up and let Joanna use my other boots inside which she put her shoes (yes, they fit because I have big shoes.)

I got the sled out of the car and headed off down the road.

We went to the little hill next to Westby where someone had built this snowman and got ready for some serious sledding.

The first run down wasn't so serious, we had to slowly create the trail so we slid better since the snow was so deep. I was able to stand up on the way down once until I sunk into the snow and flew off the front.

We went down quite a few times, getting snow in our boots but having fun anyway. My hands were freezing because I neglected to bring my gloves that were sitting right by the door.

We walked around campus some more looking for places to sled. It was pretty calm and quiet all around and there were some nice snow views on the relatively well-plowed walkways.

We came to the steps by the Student Center which were not cleared and made a great ramp for sledding.

Besides running into the railing a few times it was a great ramp and we went pretty far on the ground after we leveled off. People were amused as they walked by. My last run I went a little farther so I won the distance contest...

It was fun playing out in the snow, I stopped noticing the cold after a while and it didn't matter that I didn't have gloves.

We didn't want to go back inside so we played around the building for a while and took some pictures for the assignment given to us via e-mail by our Photo professor.

Joanna tried one last sledding attempt off of a piled up snow bank on a bench. This was the outcome. It looked fun anyway.

We came inside and changed to get warm, had some food, hot chocolate (so good) and then had some Chunky Monkey while watching Where the Wild Things Are. It was a pretty good movie and a really good ice cream.

I think I have a headache from the sugar in the ice cream and this reminds me again that I need to go to the gym.. soon! I will.

1 comment:

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.