Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sep 12, 2013


I had to be outside of Philly very early in the morning for my first school portrait shoot with Legacy. I met Dave at the school once I found the right parking lot and helped carry in the gear. We set up on a stage, and I felt very pressured to be able to do everything even though I only practiced once at the office. I did pretty well, but I still need work. Once we got set up it was a short wait before teachers started coming in to get their photos taken. After that it was a steady stream of students for the rest of the day. I barely had time to stop and eat the lunch that I brought.


Overall I think it went very well and I got comfortable with it quickly. After the last students we broke down and I had to head back to the office for a quick review of the shots I took. I was given several critiques about framing and sizing, but the comments were mostly favorable so that's a good sign. Once that was done, I headed north out of Philly to pick up Joanna at her house and then we headed west toward Chicago.


We didn't have any plans on how far we would go, but we ended up deciding to stop in Ohio around 1am at a rest stop. I was getting tired, and we figured it was about halfway so we could finish the drive tomorrow.

No comments: