Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sep 10, 2013


I didn't get a job for the day, even though I wasn't really expecting one. I went to the Vineland Board of Ed to pick up my paperwork for employment. I called their suggested doctor's office to make an appointment for a physical to find out that I'd have to wait a full month before I could get in. That was after reminding the receptionist that I couldn't get a TB test done on a Friday if it needed to be checked two days later. So I came home and decided I'd make something out of all the vegetable I had in my fridge. I used asparagus, peppers, onions, and then whatever else I could find to make a very spicy stir-fry something. It was quite good.


Later I picked up Dave and then Tyler and headed up to Starland for the Blink show. We waited at the car and had a few beers before going in. When we did go in I noticed Eddie Reyes from Taking Back Sunday in the crowd and casually pointed him out, exciting Tyler enough to ask him for a picture.


Blink came out and played through a great set of old and new songs. The crowd was into it the whole time, and it was surprisingly not bad for a smaller venue. It was great that during the renovation they moved that annoying soundboard back to give the crowd more room in front of the stage and get rid of the exit bottleneck.


One of the best things was that when they were talking about this show being charity for NJ after Hurricane Sandy, Mark said, "Hurricane Sandy can suck our dicks... actually, wait. I don't know if that's such a good idea, having a hurricane suck your dick. Scratch that." I was dying. They were funny and played really well. It was great hearing some new songs that they hadn't played before including "Wishing Well" and "Dogs Eating Dogs." We were all very sweaty and happy after the show. Dave and Tyler passed out in the car shortly after leaving so I was driving home alone.

No comments: