Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sep 29, 2013


I met Charles, owner of Chessie Photo, in Ocean City this morning for the OC Half Marathon. We talked about details and locations where I'd be shooting and then I was off with my bright yellow vest. I even saw Shakedown's band performing on the boardwalk and got to talk to him for a minute. I started shooting at the 3-mile turnaround point on the bridge.

Shooting a huge group of runners was a much greater challenge than I expected. There was no great backdrop to shoot them, but I wouldn't have been able to frame them up anyway. They were moving too quickly to get great shots of everyone. I started getting a feel for how I should do it, but I still felt like I was less than equipped for the task. My next location was on the boardwalk near mile 12. By this point, the crowd had thinned considerably and slowed a bit. I was able to shoot each person as they passed by with the boardwalk shops in the background. I was happy with that part.


After I dropped my card to Charles, I headed to Passion Vines, which I saw a billboard for while I was shooting. They have a nice selection of beer to fill growlers with. I sampled a couple while I was there and ended up getting the Lagunitas IPA. I'll be coming back here for sure.

Chuck, Kate, and I went to Matt's later to watch the series finale of Breaking Bad. It was such a great episode and it was nice sharing it with other people. After the final scene I think we all sat there in silence for a minute just processing what we saw. It's definitely a series that will be missed, but it's so rewatchable that I'm glad it stayed as good as it did for six seasons.

No comments: