Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sep 3, 2013


We drove into Providence in the morning and found a bike trail called the East Bay Trail. We parked at a lot and headed into the overcast morning. The bike path was very nicely maintained and it took us through wooded areas as well as small towns and large parks. We biked along the water for much of the path, with Providence's skyline on the horizon. Part of the trail goes over an old railroad bridge, low on the water. We got to the end of the trail and took a break for a snack and rest before turning around to head back. I believe it was about 16 miles total. Nice start to the day.


We stopped at Trinity Brewing downtown before heading out. I remembered liking their beer last time I was there. It was totally empty when we got there, which is a complete contrast to the night I last visited. I did a flight again, expecting to love a bunch but only really being wowed by the Point Break Pale Ale. That was great, but the rest were just good/average.


Once we got back to New Jersey I met Alex at JJ Bitting Brewing, which is right down the road from Joanna's house. Not sure how I've never visited before. We had a couple of beers and talked about everything since we hadn't hung out in a year. I ate someone's tortilla chips because they left them on the bar, and some guy kept talking to us about beer and other strange things. We decided to take a walk around the area to get away from the bar. We took a pretty long walk and came back to pay the bill. It was great to catch up with her after so long. I was definitely ready to go home after that.

No comments: