Monday, September 16, 2013

Sep 16, 2013

We began our long drive home from the rest stop parking lot after washing up and eating. It was mostly a straight drive from this point on, stopping at a few random rest stops and a Sheetz, until we got to Penn State where we went to the hotel that Joanna's future travel-mates were staying at. I met Sidney, who seemed really nice, and got a much-needed shower in their room. It felt so good to wash off the dried sweat and mud from yesterday. After a long goodbye I was on my way to Thorndale, PA to meet Jeff.


I got to the Applebee's before Jeff somehow and helped him carry his Quizzo stuff inside. He showed me how to set up the PA and laptop and then ran through the motions of starting the quiz and handing out answer sheets so I'd know what to do when I fill in for him Wednesday. It was all pretty simple, but I'm glad he gave me the rundown. He ran through his fast and easy sports Quizzo game and then we were breaking down before I knew it.


We headed over to Victory Brewing for last call even though we were a little early for it. We each had a couple of beers and had a good time talking since we rarely get to catch up or chat anymore. We talked about the weekend at Riot Fest for me and having a child, wife, and two jobs for him. The lives we have chosen. We did have a really good time and I wish we got to spend more time together these days. I really don't know how he does that drive all the time though.

No comments: