Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sep 18, 2013

I had to be at Coopertown Elementary in the morning. At least it was a little bit later than the first job. I was a little apprehensive about working with the young kids because I thought they would be tougher to get positioned and smiling, but it turned out it was quite the opposite. Little kids are generally so happy that they were already smiling like idiots when they sat down. I just had to move their heads around sometimes and that was the awkward part. They didn't understand the movement directions as much. That said, I have the same problems with adult teachers sometimes. Either way, it was better than I had expected.


I got some food and went over to Victory Brewing during happy hour to hang out and kill some time. I spent that time drinking several Headwaters Pale Ales. That is an exquisite beer. I didn't wanna drink much before my game, so I headed out to Applebee's and realized I was there a bit early so I went back out to the car and killed some time watching shows on my laptop until it was time to go.


I was covering Jeff's Quizzo game for the night at the Thorndale Applebee's. I had to come up with sound clips from movies for one of the rounds so I came up with the most ridiculous ones I could think of. I got set up and started the game as awkwardly as you'd expect. I actually think I did alright, channeling Shakedown and Steve-O. I got through the regular questions and then did the sound clips, beginning with Mrs. Doubtfire saying "Hellloooooo!" and the speakers were turned up way too loud, scaring the people at the bar. It was pretty amusing. I was happy that most teams got a lot of my clips right. I had a good time getting to know some of the teams and I think it would be fun to do weekly except for the long drive. It was a long and dark drive home after the game and I was ready for bed.

No comments: