Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sep 11, 2013


No jobs today. Still waiting for the teachers to remember they don't want to go to work. So I went out for a game of disc golf with Kate and, by some great luck and a small amount of skill, I aced hole 8. This is one I'd never even dream of acing. I'm thrilled when I park it anywhere within putting distance for a birdie, but the disc took a strange route outside to the right and hooked back in. It was great watching it and the tension started building when I realized it might happen and then I heard the chains and went nuts. It's a great feeling! Sadly, I have no chance at replicating that. Otherwise, my game was average.


That night we went up to The Abbaye for the Long Trail U Buy the Glass night. They had some great beers on tap. I started with the Lemon Pepper Kolsch, which is as awesome as it sounds. So light and tasty. The Maple Maibock was pretty great as well. The Double White was much better than I'd expected and I really enjoyed the one goblet I was allowed. The same goes for the Imperial Pumpkin. It was awesome! And I'm not usually too into the pumpkin beer. Paired with the always-delicious seitan cheesesteak, this was one of the best events I can recall. The IPA is always great too, so we had one of those. We hung out for a while after it was over to milk our last beers and get a little extra. It was a great night.

No comments: