Friday, October 7, 2011

Oct 7, 2011

I worked at Lakeside all day covering IEP meetings or, more accurately, sitting around outside the office waiting while they figured things out. That's the normal day when I take those jobs so I was expecting it. I was hoping to get out early though.

I met Christy at the park to play tennis for the first time in quite a while. We didn't play a full game, but the volleying we did was surprisingly good.

After deciding not to go to the second night of the Bayside tour in Philly, I came home, ate, and then drove myself to Atlantic City and got a ticket to see Jack's Mannequin at House of Blues from a guy that had an extra for cheap. I spent too much money on too few drinks when I got inside the place anyway.

Jack's played a great set, starting off with some new tracks and working back into the older stuff. The crowd was absolutely terrible. People were barely tapping their feet to the music, so I got sick of it and just made my way to the front after the first few songs. It was much more enjoyable up there.

Andrew explained some of the songs before playing them and thanked everyone for sticking around since Something Corporate then followed that up by playing "Me and the Moon." It was nice to get a dose of SoCo that wasn't "Konstantine" this time. They closed with "Caves," which is one of my favorite songs of theirs and he said they never play it. He ended the show in typical Andrew style, climbing on his piano enthusiastically and jumping off at the last beat.

I decided to go for a run on the boardwalk after the show because it was a beautiful night out and I had a lot of energy leftover from that mellow show. It was a good run; having some different scenery was nice.

The drive home seemed really long. Once I got back I hung out and watched some shows until very late and then went to bed.

No comments: