Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oct 11, 2011

I worked the day at Memorial for a choir class. We watched Happy Feet in each class. I had never actually watched the movie so I was into it the first time. Since class time only allowed us to watch the first hour or so of the movie I finished it during second block when I was off. It's a good movie. It didn't bother me watching it twice more.

I got a call about an hour before I was done work from Alternative School asking me to work so I accepted. I went in and covered a class for a teacher who was giving exams. The classes were mostly fine except for one group that made me furious and sad at the same time because of how ignorant and intolerant they were being. I was elated when they left.

I met Chuck and Kate at the Oar after work for some good drinks. There's such a big menu it's hard to try all the beers on tap. I finally got one of the bottled beers I've been looking at. I was happy with it; something different.

I also really liked the Shiner Ruby Redbird. I want to go back to get more of that. Kate had a pumpkin spice martini that was good and spicy as well as really strong. For me, anyway. I don't drink martinis.

We hung out there for a couple of hours, laughing about stupid things as I took notes on the beers for the blog. I updated on some of the beers I had tonight as well as a few other entries.

No comments: