Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oct 20, 2011

It was a pretty nice day out so I took my book to South Vineland Park and sat there reading for a while. It was windy and a bit chilly so after reading for an hour or so I called it quits and went back to the car to read.

Ryan and I went to the gym in the early afternoon and then headed to Parvin to run. We decided to set a time instead of a distance so we ran for one hour. I ran 6.6 miles according to my GPS. I was happy with that pace and quite surprised to be honest. Maybe I'll think about doing the full marathon.

After some lazing about at home it was decided that we'd go to the Toad Fish Bar for karaoke. When we got there I was very hungry so I got some pickle chips and quesadillas. The quesadillas were good but the pickle chips were not great. We listened to Kate and her mom do some karaoke as well as other talented singers.

Chuck won a bet with Kate so he got to pick her song: Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. This photo accurately depicts what was going on. Chuck thought it was hilarious as Kate stumbled through the song. I will say she did a wonderful job considering she didn't know it.

Chuck and I did some songs after a few drinks. We did Dumpweed by blink-182, Hit or Miss by NFG, and A Little Help From my Friends by the Beatles that Kate chose for us. We ended the night singing Fat Lip by Sum 41 and jumping around a lot.

It was a surprisingly good time doing karaoke. I guess that mean we can do it again soon! We need to practice our harmonies for next time.

No comments: