Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oct 2, 2011

Ryan and I went to the gym for an early afternoon workout followed by a trip to Moe's for their version of the Crunch Wrap. It was good; just another way to package the same ingredients.

We felt like a run after eating so we went to the course and did one lap at our fastest. Maybe a bad idea to run so close to a meal because we both felt a little sluggish and full after the run. I did alright, but next time I'll wait a bit longer.

Later, Joanna and I went to Philly, stopped for art supplies and then went to New Delhi for Indian buffet. It's always so good and this time was no exception. I had something different than usual, but it was just as awesome. I tried not to eat too much. I think I did well. I did have rice pudding and a milk ball thing for dessert though.

We drove down to the Tower Theater, where we had second row seats for the show. It sounds good, but there is a general admission area right in front of us so we couldn't see anything if we were sitting. I'm not usually one for sitting at shows, but this show had me kind of excited to be relaxing and enjoying the music. The Antlers opened up with a really good set of eclectic music.

Explosions in the Sky came out to play a long set of very few, but very long songs. I knew about half of them, and two of them were my favorites by the band. Even the songs I didn't know were great though. They are amazing musicians and really know how to build a mood. I took a seat at the back of the room to be able to sit down and see the whole show. I was happy with that experience.

It was a long ride back from Upper Darby. It was cool to have seen them once, but I'm not sure if I'd go again at that venue.

No comments: