Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oct 4, 2011

I didn't get a job in the morning unfortunately. I canceled one last night because it was a bilingual basic skills job and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be in that position. I got some errands done during the day in any case and then met my mom at Saigon to take her out for her birthday. I got the curry and we got spring rolls. She really liked the lemongrass chicken. We had a chance to catch up and chat so it was a nice birthday meal.

I went to Shannon's later to watch Glee but ended up deciding on Dexter instead. I brought the hummus and pita chips and she supplied the wine, of course. We had a good night watching shows, drinking, and talking about our lives. The New Girl turned out to be really funny too.

When I got back to town I felt like having a few more drinks so I met Chuck at the Oar House, where they have an impressive new selection of quality beer. When did that happen? In any case I think I'll be visiting more often. We tried an Octoberfest beer that is served in Germany as well as a couple of other dark beers. So many more on tap to try!

After a few drinks I was sleepy and ready to try to sleep.

No comments: