Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oct 13, 2011

I didn't get a job in the morning so I slept in and then went for a run around the river trail. It's starting to look really nice with all of the leaves changing and starting to fall off on the path.

I took an alternative school job, but when when I got there they didn't need me to cover so they found something for me to do: shred. Yep, I had boxes and boxes of crap to shred. I started on a little home shredder thing and then upgraded to the large shredder in the custodial office. It was boring, but at least they didn't send me home.

Later I met Meg at JD McGillicuddy's for some drinks before the show. I only had one big Golden Monkey which took me quite a while to consume. We had a good time listening to the '90s songs the DJ played in between mostly-bad karaoke singers. One guy was just awful and he sang a Pink song, interrupting "The Freshman." Rude.

We got into the Electric Factory in time to see La Dispute's set. I thought they were really good live. I need to listen to their albums more. Their singer is very enthusiastic and people seemed to be enjoying them.

After we got a drink upstairs and talked to Jordan for a moment it was time for Thrice. It's hard to know what to expect from Thrice, being that they have so much material from which to choose. They seemed to play a lot from Beggars, which I love.

They played a handful of new songs as well. I knew a couple of them but not well enough. There were some nice surprises in the set as well and they ended with very old tunes, to the delight of most of the crowd.

After a short wait outside the front door Dustin came out to play a handful of songs acoustic for the crowd. They were raising money for charity. He took some requests of predictable songs. I wished he would have played some unexpected songs, but it was nice to get an extra encore on a nice night outside.

I was pretty tired from all of the running around during the day and the show so I was in bed watching The Mentalist and trying to fall asleep when I got home.

No comments: