Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oct 29, 2011

Ryan and I went to the gym to do pull-ups and other arm exercises since we missed Thursday. We did the assisted pull-ups that help me do them slightly but I'm not very good.

Chuck and I headed up to the Flying Fish Brewery in Cherry Hill for a tour of the facility and some samples. The guy giving the tour was one of the founders of the company and gave an amazing tour. He talked about very complex processes and made them understandable for the lamen. He also described why cheap beer companies want you to drink their beer VERY cold: because it inhibits the taste and you won't notice how bad it really is.

We got some samples of all of these beers. There were some really delicious ones in there, including the Belgian Dubbel and the Exit 4 Trippel, the two that Chuck and I got six packs of. It was a really interesting tour and a lot of nice people work there.

Next stop was Blue Monkey for paninis and a glass of something new. I wasn't too fond of the beer I got. Its name implied much more hops than I got. The panini was delicious though. After eating we returned to the snowy October weather and drove north.

The drive really wasn't bad at all despite it snowing the whole time. Parking was a little tricky and walking to the venue from the VFW lot got my feet wet. We hung out in the bar area as The Wonder Years were just finishing. Too bad we missed them. Set Your Goals played next. I'm not really fond of them. New Found Glory came out and played basically the same set as last week.

Chad talked a lot and they added a couple different songs and got rid of "Radiosurgery" which made us happy. The set was good and the crowd was not too bad besides a few people. It was fun but felt somehow lacking. Maybe I just wasn't as into it this time.

The drive home was also not bad though I thought it might be. Chuck went to sleep.

No comments: