Friday, October 14, 2011

Oct 14, 2011

I went into work expecting a math class and got switched to auto shop, which is a class I never accept when I get the offer. I wasn't thrilled, but the first class ended up being fine. They just watched a movie on motor oil.. twice. And took a quiz. Easy enough. Then the next class I had two kids lock themselves in the class bathroom and I'm pretty sure they were smoking weed because when I finally got them to come out it smelled like a ridiculous amount of cologne. Fun. The rest of the day was fine and we watched a sports bloopers video.

I met Ryan at the gym after work and did our usual Thursday work out then headed to the park for a run. It rained a little bit after we started. We were in the woods most of the time anyway, but it felt nice.

Chuck and I met up at Men's Wearhouse to get fitted for our tuxedos. I thought this was going to be a lengthy process including us actually trying things on. I was wrong. It was quick. I tried on a jacket and that was all. The associate measured me and moved on. The payment part took longer than anything.

I picked up Christy after my fitting and went to Cherry Hill Mall, where I wanted to talk to someone at the Apple Store about what computer I should get. We walked around the mall for a bit, tasted tea that was delicious, and saw Sheldon.

We ate at the little bistro thing in the center of the mall. I got this delicious looking sandwich made of tuna. It was good. The guy who worked there was well-versed in the bars of Philadelphia so he and I talked for a while and he suggested a nearby bar to check out.

We headed over to Blue Monkey Tavern after the mall. There were a LOT of beers on tap here. It was really difficult to choose. I tried a few things that sounded great. I wasn't disappointed in any of them. Christy had a bunch of drinks named after monkeys that were all really delicious.

After a couple of hours at the bar tasting new things we headed out and I dropped her off before going home. It was a really fun day/night.

No comments: