Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oct 15, 2011

Ah, Saturday. I went over to the Silver Run trail for an early run. I took the opposite direction on both trails than I normally do. Just doing this simple thing makes it seem new and gives the illusion that it's going by more quickly. I find that it's harder to run when I know too many landmarks that tell me how far I've gone.

I wanted to continue enjoying the weather so I took a walk when I got back home along the river to the library to get a new book. I found the one I was looking for and then walked home and read some outside.

Alex and I headed up to the train station later and took the rail into Philly. The walk to the Abbaye was much longer than I thought it was. Once we got there it was time to try some pumpkin beer and get a red bean burger. Alex was very happy with the food and the bar in general. Ryan helped us out greatly when Alex realized she didn't have her e-ticket for the show so she e-mailed it to him and he printed it out! What a guy.

After eating we wandered through the cold over to the Troc and got inside a little bit before Four Year Strong came on. When they did, I was immediately not a fan of the people in the crowd. It's not the same as it used to be at their shows. They also played newer songs and things I don't know well.

To their credit, when they played the good stuff they played it really well. It's hard to feel the same energy as their shows used to have when they played in the basement at the church and the crowd was great. I'm afraid I won't be seeing them again until they return to such a venue.

At least we had a short walk back to the train after the show and then a quick ride over the river and back to the car. It was a good night even though the show was not quite what I wanted.

No comments: