Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jul 5, 2011

Spent most of the day on the road. Unfortunately in this case. We left Canyonlands after realizing there weren't any hikes we wanted to do there and headed to Moab. On the way I realized I left my library book back at the campsite when we packed up. So after being in Moab for a bit I drove all the way back there to get it. I think this rock looks like a turtle.

When I got back we went to a local disc golf course so we could actually do something that day. We wanted to play the Base Camp course again, but the logistics didn't work out for us.

This course was pretty good. A lot of similar shots; open with bushes and trees in the path. The back nine was a little more difficult and varied. Not a top course by any means but a fun play.

We went back to town and stopped at the Moab Brewery for dinner. This place is fantastic. Just look at that burrito. They can barely fit all the food on the plate. And it was delicious. They had eight beers on tap, brewed right there as well. The Lizard Ale is hands down the best golden ale I've ever had. I wish they distributed. I would probably drink it every day.

We crossed the street to get showers at the campground and then retreated to our campsite by the river. There were mosquitoes everywhere so we sat in the car listening to podcasts before jumping into the tent. Stupid river.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

schuylkill river.

D.M. said...

hahahahah