Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jul 16, 2011

I went to my mom's for lunch with her and Larry. She made a summer pasta thing with red peppers and mozzarella. Really good. We spent some time going through the photos from the trip. We looked through them on the big screen since the Wii reads SD cards. Who knew?

I went down to Sam's after a while to join in the BBQ festivities for a little while. She made me a portabello sandwich almost immediately after I got there. We had some great food and I caught up with her, Ali, Jordan, and everyone I haven't seen in a long while.

We got into a game of horseshoes that took quite a while. Somehow Jeff and I won the game though! I got a couple of ringers. It's always so much fun there, I wasn't happy that I had to leave.

I picked up Diana and drove to Baltimore, parked and went over to Mex. The bartender that we had last time I went with Dave was there and remembered me so that was cool. We had some drinks and food and talked to her. She did a shot with us for good measure.

We had some time to kill before the show so we enjoyed our time there. We did another shot before going in. Still not as inebriated as when I drank Dave's wine.

Thursday played first and opened with a new song followed by "For the Workforce, Drowning." It feels like it's been so long since I've heard them play that. It was just nice to not hear all of Full Collapse again!

The set was great and the slideshow was a nice addition. The new songs sound so much better live in my opinion. I just can't get into the vocal effects on the album though the music is great. It fits in just fine live. They closed with "Turnpike Divides" after "Jet Black New Year" and it was a perfect closer. Worth the black eye.

We went out to the bar and got some water in between bands. We came back in as Taking Back Sunday was already playing. If I ever had a problem with them before, it's official: they're back. They are so good live and they play a great set of songs.

I will say that Adam talks so much that they could have played another two or three songs if he would shut up. Otherwise they play a lot of old stuff and the new stuff is so good live as well as on the album. I want to see them again already.

We got some more water after the show and considered what else we could do. We ended up just going home. Baltimore is a fun place to be at night though; I need to stay down there sometime.

No comments: