Friday, July 29, 2011

Jul 29, 2011

I decided to get a few things done that I had been waiting on in the morning so I took care of bank business, finally mailed the blink-182 tickets I sold on eBay a while ago, and then went to get a new tube for my bike tire at Randy's. While I was there I talked to Junior, the guy I always go to, about what kind of road bike I should get. He suggested one and let me test ride it out back and I was sold. I almost got it right then, but I wanted to ride it home and not put it in my car so I held off.

When I got home I was excited at the prospect of getting a new bike so I took my old one out for a ride around town. I did twelve miles easily and hoped that the ease would improve on a bike actually designed for the road.

Chuck and I got on the road to Philly a little later than planned, but people were still shuffling into the show when we got to the Electric Factory. We spoke to Tracy and Mandie for a minute and then I went up to the box office window to look for someone to buy my extra ticket. I missed one opportunity, one guy looked like he really didn't trust me for some reason, and then, just after Chuck said I wouldn't be able to sell it, a girl bought it from me. And then we went to JD McGillicuddy's for some drinks.

After careful review of the beers available, Chuck got a big bottle of Golden Monkey, prompting me to do the same. We each had two of those and were good for the evening. Fiona joined us at the bar for a small time as we finished our beers and fries before going into the show.

The Starting Line began shortly after we entered and got right into "Up and Go" and the party had begun. They played a great set. Unfortunately, this is the best shot I got of them, but I was having too much fun in the crowd.

See. This is not too long after Chuck slapped me in the face and I lost the ball to my lip ring. He doesn't remember doing that. I thought it was funny though. We danced pretty much the whole time TSL was on. They are always so good.

All Time Low played last and I was underwhelmed by their set. They didn't play poorly, it was just the songs they played off their new album I don't really like. They did play a handful that I knew and liked. I don't think I'll ever enjoy them like I did at the Starland show though. Too bad.

Chuck suggested going to the Abbaye for post-show feed and I couldn't say no. I got a vegan meatball sandwich of course. I have a hard time choosing anything else from the menu anymore. We had some good food and talked over our ice cold waters.

When I got home I was pretty wiped and ready for bed. It was a good night out though and I was ready to do it again tomorrow.

No comments: