Monday, July 18, 2011

Jul 18, 2011

I had to be in Philly at Globe Dye Works to film for a video tour for Philly Sculptors. I got there early and took some photos. They are renovating a lot of the building for other purposes, but much of the old material is still there.

Leslie and others from the group showed up for the tour and we did the introductions and then got on with the tour of the large factory.

The space is very large. I'm not sure what the exact plan for the exhibition is, but if they plan to use the whole building then they are very ambitious. A lot of the rooms are cool and filled with old machinery and colored thread. I can see a lot of good things coming from it. I filmed all of the rooms to the best of my ability, though I never do film.

When I got back home I met Ryan at the course for a run. We did intervals of one minute running and one walking. I did it for twenty five minutes and was surprised that my pace for sprinting/walking was not that far off from my average running pace.

I came home and showered and spent most of the night watching Scrubs.

No comments: