Friday, July 15, 2011

Jul 15, 2011

I hadn't plan on joining everyone at the water park, but they insisted I join them so I obliged. We hung out in the cabana things for a while sitting in the shade and watching people go by in the lazy river. After a while, without saying anything, I convinced Alex to go on a slide.

After two rides that Alex described as "terrifying" we got in the lazy river for a few laps. We made a game out of it by rushing through the big groups of people until we got to the open spots where we could just float. It made it a little more fun. That's hard in three feet of water.

We walked around and stopped by the kids' area, which Alex enjoyed more than anything else. This was my favorite picture. We went back to the cabana and got some food and lemonade and hung out a while longer before I went back to get my car and headed home.

I went to Philly later with Christy for her birthday since I missed it. We went to the Abbaye and played darts while we waited for the food. I got a vegan meatball sandwich with cheese. The cheese was a bad idea.. but the rest was great.

We went over to North Bowl after eating and went to the upstairs bar. Christy got a Lebowski White Russian (or something like that) which is just a White Russian with chocolate vodka. It was great. I want one now. I had a couple beers and tried a whiskey and ginger beer. I liked.

We sat waiting for a pool table for a while, staring down the people playing and rushing to the table before someone else could get it. We played a few good games (though I'm not very good at pool) before our buzzer went off to bowl.

My bowling is so inconsistent. I usually get a strike or two, but the next frame I don't even get a spare. I guess that makes me mediocre. It was still fun. We only played one game, but we made it last a little while. Next time I go there I'm not eating first so I can get tots.

After our game, we got our shoes back and left for home. Northern Liberties is always a good time.

No comments: