Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jul 30, 2011

I got dropped off at Randy's Bike Shop in the morning and grabbed myself a brand new road bike! This is her. I love it.

About a dozen or so people met up in front of the shop and we got ready to go out for a group ride. We stopped across the street at the fountain for a group shot (which hasn't been posted yet or that would be here.)

Junior led us on a leisurely ride through Bridgeton. It was slow because we had all kinds of people with us so not everyone was trying to ride quickly. I wanted to see what my bike could do but had to wait it out.

We stayed on the road and went to Mary Elmer Lake to take a break. It was a perfect day to ride since it wasn't so hot and humid.

We sat down at the picnic area and ate our lunches that we brought. Peanut butter & jelly, mmm. I talked one of the guys that came with us about getting together for a ride sometime in the future. Junior took a couple of us on a ride through the dirt trails and I soon learned the limitations of a road bike. I didn't get stuck for too long.

After the fun ride I dropped by my mom's house to show her my bike and talk for a bit. I spent some time out back shooting this dragonfly. I rode home, finally able to get some speed. It felt nice to pedal hard and feel the difference between that bike and my old one. I'll be cutting some time off of my previous rides.

Dave picked me up and then we got Chuck and traveled the PA turnpike to Allentown, grabbed some slices of pizza, assumed our usual parking spot at the bottom of the hill, turned on the music and cracked open some beers.

We hung out down there for a while as we waited to go into the Croc Rock for the show. We had several beers and drank a bottle of Dave's wine between the three of us. It was the first time I'd had his red wine and it was really good.

We entered the bar and hung out having a beer until Streetlight Manifesto came on. It was insanely hot inside the venue so we were happy to find they opened the side walls and the outside lot so we could go cool off while still enjoying the music. I found Tracy and Mandie out there so we hung out and danced where it was much more comfortable. Streetlight was good; I should really listen to them some more.

We went and got another beer and another slice of pizza between bands and then hauled back up front when the Reel Big Fish took the stage. I don't know how to describe their shows anymore. They were great.

We had a lot of fun in the pit even though it was almost impossible to dance with the crowd packed from wall to wall. It was so amazingly hot in there I almost had to take a knee between songs to catch my breath.

They played a few songs that they almost never play. It was kinda cool to see a change up in the set (though they refuse to stop playing the many versions of "S.R.") The last few songs were a lot of fun and I got to dance with Tracy and Mandie, before she leaves the mainland for Hawai'i to live! Hope we gave her a good sendoff!

Completely drenched in sweat and exhausted, we left the show, drinking as much water as we could get our hands on. Dave got us home in record time and with almost no point where I was worried. It was another wonderful experience with the Fish. I've never not had a good time.

No comments: