Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jul 1, 2010

I didn't do too much in the morning but I finally got around to taking my bike tire to get fixed. It took literally five minutes to do it and I got the thicker tube this time so it shouldn't get punctured as easily.

I picked up Katie and Brian and went to a park near Mullica Hill for a picnic. The weather was perfect for it and I wanted to spend some time outside.

We got sushi and even though it's not traditional picnic food I really enjoyed it. It wasn't a traditional picnic anyway. We ate under the pavilion where a family of birds made their home in the light fixtures.

We threw a frisbee around for a while in the field. The wind was blowing so it was hard to gauge my throws, although it felt as if I've improved.

Next we took to the volleyball courts to play badminton. We dueled it out with one another but the wind was really our enemy. We played for a while and had to continuously hit the birdie all the way to one side so it floated back to the center of the court where we wanted it to go.

Once the birdie was destroyed the game was over. Or was it?.... We took a walk around the park trails at a leisurely pace. It's a really nice park. After throwing around the frisbee some more we headed for an indoor game.

I torture myself playing ping pong with people that can beat me all the time... but I won a game against Katie! I had no shot against Brian, though I was happy to score a few points. I think they're getting to know us at the gym..

The rest of my night was spent at home. Nothing exciting happened.

No comments: