Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jul 10, 2010

When I got up, I had a slight hangover. That's to be expected I suppose. The city looked something like this. But not really. Jackie decided to come out with me in search of food.

Jamba Juice. My savior. I love these things. Why are there none around here???? It made me feel better and less hungry. I had wanted food since around 5 yesterday. It was so good and full of berries and bananas and granola. We walked with our treats to Union Square, where I got a new phone battery to replace my old, dead one. I got messages from Nate, who I invited to hang out with us last night and my phone died after I told him where to go and before he told me he was there so we never met up.

We spent the dreary day walking. We went to Macy's so Jacq could get some things for her room and ate at the Au Bon Pain. That Macy's is insanely huge. The bedding was on the eighth floor. It has an eighth floor. Anyway, after eating and shopping and going back we hung out in the apartment and took a nap until Lizzy and her boyfriend, Dan showed up.

We headed out again to see where Jackie works her day job. EMI Records has a nice building but an even nicer roof. This is where they entertain bands and have rock shows sometimes. I hope to attend one someday. Too bad I won't be here Monday for AM Taxi.

We enjoyed the view for a while and then headed down to figure out where to get dinner. Sushi was out because you can't just pop into a popular place on Saturday night in New York without a reservation and hope to get seated.

I spotted a Thai place that looked really good (that's almost redundant) so we ducked in. Nathan had found us by this time so he joined us! It was a nice place where I had no trouble deciding what to order. Nathan simply ordered the house whiskey, neat. Wholesome dinner. The peanut curry was amazing. I love curry. It was Thaisty.

We were having a great time and it was Lizzy's birthday so we told them to put a candle on her ice cream. They came out with a big cake singing happy birthday and walked right by our table to the big group next to us. It was hilarious.. we really thought they were bringing her a cake! Next they brought out the ice cream with one candle singing and put it in front of Jackie! Everyone stopped singing about one line before the end of the happy birthday song and just started laughing. It was great and I'm sure she won't forget it.

They had dessert and a few more drinks while we sat and talked, laughing about the crazy events of the night. Then we tried figuring out the bill. Always the hardest part. But not that hard... some people have a harder time calculating the tip it seems...

We left, walking down Broadway on a perfectly beautiful night toward the train station. I stopped to pick up my things at Jackie's place and, after some long goodbyes, the rest of us headed back to where we came from. I love walking in the city at night.

A train ride and a relatively short drive home and I was ready to sleep in my own bed again.

No comments: