Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jun 30, 2010

After doing a few things at home I went to Ocean City to meet Ryan at his family's beach house. We went down to the water first and ran headfirst into the frigid water!

Doing it all at once made it pretty easy to get in. I think if I walked in I wouldn't have made it past my knees. There was no doubt that it was cold though.

We stood in the water for a while, fighting the waves. It would have been a good day for surfing. We basically just stood in the water and talked while jumping waves until we decided that we had been in long enough.

We took a walk down the very crowded beach which was also littered with broken shells, making it difficult to walk with bare feet.

After changing into regular clothes, we played shuffleboard at the club. We had a few good games. It seemed odd since the last time I played the boat was rocking and the discs didn't slide like I expected.

After a walk down the boardwalk and a stop at the arcade to be ripped off and then settle for pinball and air hockey, we went back to the house to relax and watch the History Channel's Presidents series for a bit. We decided to play some tennis since the weather was perfect for it. We played on the turf courts, which were different in a few ways from the cement courts we usually play. The ball didn't bounce as high or far and the footing was a little precarious at times. The game was good though. It seemed like we hadn't played in quite a while.

When I got back home, Jimmy and Josh came over to unload Jimmy's things from a trailer. It wasn't too much trouble besides a few items that we had to twist around to get up the stairs.

Jimmy got his things set up and made his room seem like home to spend his first night here. Sketch seemed to take an immediate liking to the house and made himself comfortable as well.

Sometime after midnight I went for a run around the neighborhood. Nights like these are great and I hate to waste them sitting inside.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Ryan looks/is jacked.

I miss playing shuffleboard! and chess, oddly enough.