Monday, July 26, 2010

Jul 26, 2010

The day was too nice to waste so I went to course and ran the baskets, taking some detours around the water in the back section. When I got done I took my book and water bottle and found a nice spot on the other side of the lake to sit in the shade and read. It was very peaceful.

While I was sitting there I heard a faint splashing, which turned out to be this guy. I was only able to get a couple shots of him before he flew off.

I met Ryan at the gym, where we did some obstacle course exercises mixed with some of our regular routine. Half the fun of the obstacle courses is coming up with the course but they're extremely exhausting to do repeatedly.

I got together with Jackie for lunch at Kawa. I've been craving sushi for a while now and I ate a lot of it. We sat at the tables where they ask you to take off your shoes to sit. It was a pleasurable dining experience. I took her home and said farewell as she was headed back to New York.

I went to my mom's later to use the computer and Sarah came over with Aiden for dinner. Later at Erika's we had game night. We watched Dual Survivor until everyone showed up and then we got into Cranium.

It's generally hilarious watching people try to explain things but using someone else as a puppet is even better. Jimmy was trying really hard to show "Trick or Treat." That's a tough one. Besides the doorbell ringing, I'm not sure what he could have done.

Ryan got to use me as a puppet to show "kung fu." It worked. I'm a pretty good puppet. It was a pretty close game, we all ended up in the final rounds together but Katie and I pulled out a win, despite me sitting silently when trying to act like Dave Chappelle early in the game.

We broke out Catchphrase once Cranium was done and had some heated rounds of yelling out answers and our opinion on who gets points at the buzzer. It's always exciting playing that game.

It was a really good day, from the weather to the activities.

No comments: