Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jul 6, 2010

When I got up my thermometer said it was 95 degrees. In the shade. So I decided to go for a run at Parvin's. It wasn't bad at all at first. I was in the shade most of the time and it felt pretty good. Once I got to the other side of the lake where the sun peeked through the trees generously, it was a different story. Every time I breathed in I could feel the hot air choking me. I had to stop halfway around and walk the rest. It was a nice walk but the heat was too much. Great idea.

We went to Quizzo later without Chuck (unheard of)! We got a lot of drinks (mostly water) but they were never cleared from the table. We were doing pretty well during most of the game, we each contributed. We actually did well on the sports round somehow and wound up placing second for a ten dollar gift certificate. Not bad. I'm glad they figured out the award system now.

Jeff and I didn't feel like going home so we got a Klondike bar after waiting in line for about ten minutes at Wal*Mart and then went to the Oarhouse for a few beers. It was good to be hanging out drinking with Jeff again. Haven't seem him around these parts too much lately.

I was pretty tired when I got home. That's what two beers will do to me!

No comments: