Friday, July 2, 2010

Jul 2, 2010

Jimmy and I spent hours in the morning cleaning up the house and cleaning out cabinets of old items that should have been thrown away long ago. Since it was trash day we kept throwing bags out to the curb hoping that we would beat the trash truck. We got a lot out there before they came.

We took a ride to a trail off of Silver Run Rd. nearby that I'd seen a sign for but had never stopped to check out. The trail was nice and surprisingly long. It was well marked and had stairs on some difficult areas.

It goes out to a boat dock on the Maurice River near where we kayaked the other day. I want to come back here to sit and read. It's very peaceful.

I got an invite from Brian to come play ultimate so I happily accepted and headed up after having something to eat. We had less people this time so we played with the goals instead of making end zones. I liked the added element of scoring the goal with the frisbee. The game was awesome and I managed to score a good number of points. I also blocked a lot of shots today.

The sunset was really nice. We stopped to take a water break and enjoy the scene before finishing up the game when we couldn't see the frisbee anymore.

I came home and took a walk with Ryan and then met Katie to do some shopping at the Super Wal*Mart. I tried to get to sleep early so I would be rested for the hike in the morning.

No comments: