Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dec 7, 2016

After a long, long hiatus I am going to try to daily blog again. Even if it's just for me, I would really like to have this record as I totally enjoyed being able to look back on my life in this way for the 4+ years that I kept up with it. It might change in style, and I want to keep it totally truthful as much as I can. Previously I would gloss over things like bad nights or times I had arguments with people. In continuing I want to be more honest like I would in a diary. I remember having a conversation with Joanna in college about me putting myself out there on this blog and she mentioned that it was a watered down version of reality. I had to agree, but I'm sure I argued the point.

When I went to work yesterday morning at Silver Run I sat in the break room and looked up this blog to find a photo of the Grand Canyon from last time I went. Becca is going there for this weekend and I wanted to send it to her. I thought it was a fun coincidence that I happened to look at this blog for the first time in years on the anniversary of the day I created it back in 2007. So that, along with my current desire to get back into writing and blogging, inspired me to start doing it again. So here goes.


I worked Child Study Team meetings at Silver Run with a somewhat strange schedule. I almost left during a 45-minute break, but something kept me there and I ended up being needed anyway. The office staff at Silver Run are grumpy and not at all helpful. I asked about a teacher's whereabouts since I needed them for a meeting and they didn't even bother trying to help. Once I found out she was on break I took off for my hour-and-a-half lunch break. I hate people that can't be bothered to do their job. Anyway, on my lunch break I was very productive (relatively) by booking a vision and dentist appointment, finally sending in my license renewal form, and working out some photo packages for a possible family shoot I'm doing this weekend.


After work I had hopes of being productive, but it was cold and gray and I was lazy so instead I just came home and ended up downloading and watching two episodes of Westworld while I ate dinner and browsed the internet. Among other things I looked at the Reddit post that Chuck made yesterday from a conversation we had over text comparing Donald Trump to Kramer and making Seinfeld references. Someone posted "This is two people who think they're funny" as a comment. I thought it was hilarious since that's basically the title of our comedy videos, Don & Chuck Think They're Funny. Moving on.



I came to Becca's for the rest of the night and we played Mario Wii for a while and then watched the last two episodes of Master of None. I really like that show. It makes me laugh, but it's also really poignant and well-written. The last episode was pretty serious and strangely emotional. It reminds of Atlanta in a way. So many good shows out right now. After that it was early bedtime because Becca flies out in the morning heading to Arizona! End Day One of the Stories Unfinished Renaissance.

dm

No comments: