Saturday, December 10, 2016

Dec 10, 2016


Today's post is all photos of computer screens or screenshots, because that's all I looked at for the whole day. I woke up early, considering going to yoga. Since no one else was going I decided against it which began my day of choices that kept me in the house. When it comes down to it, I'm not exactly sure how I passed all of that time, but I did watch the last 3 or 4 episodes of Westworld so that was a good chunk of it.



I did do something mildly productive: I joined in a live webcast that a photographer did as a free training for making a better portfolio and marketing yourself. I enjoyed most of the presentation and took a bunch of notes. I will say it did inspire me. One thing he said stuck with me. To paraphrase, he basically said that when you're stuck, you just need to learn something to get past it. That really made sense to me and, interestingly enough, worked out exactly that way for me later.



After the tutorial I got some dinner, did the iOS update on my phone finally, and proceeded to play with that, create a bitmoji in my likeness and then download games to play through iMessage. Between finishing Westworld, playing Battleship on iMessage, and then starting to watch some New Girl and Casey Neistat videos, that was pretty much my night.



Around midnight I decided I should really get to work on that Frank Turner interview I did on Halloween. I did a big chunk of the work and then I just lost steam on it because the video splicing between the two camera views was a pain. I guess I didn't find the information I was looking for previously because when I searched this time I found right away what I needed to learn for insanely simple multi-cam editing. Once I had that information I was off to the races. I ended up staying up until 4am finishing the edit. All I ever need to do is get started. Why is that first step so hard??

No comments: